• Question: what was your crazyist theory ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked by cheeseyboy10 to Alex, Alison, Gavin, Helen, Miranda on 9 Jul 2012.
    • Photo: Alex Ireland

Alex Ireland answered on 9 Jul 2012:

We’ve had some quite crazy experiments – we’re testing arm-wrestlers to see if the bone in their wrestling arm gets bigger. We also asked people to balance on a tiny beam 5m in the air to see how good your body is at balancing when you’re very scared! We also asked people to hop round with their leg in a crutch for a few weeks to see what happens to your leg if you don’t exercise it.

• Photo: Alison Atkin

Alison Atkin answered on 9 Jul 2012:

I am not sure if I have come up with any really crazy theories, but I have come up with some things that are really hard to prove with science. For example: There have been a lot of people who have lived on Earth (waaay more than are alive now). A lot of these people died from really bad diseases. But, we can’t find their bones. So… is the reason because their bones are gone (because they have decayed or been destroyed) or that we aren’t looking in the correct place? It’s really hard to figure out the answer! How would you decide?

• Photo: Miranda Armstrong

Miranda Armstrong answered on 9 Jul 2012:

Hi cheeseyboy10. Most of the time I look at how doing exercise and being active may change the chances of people getting ill or injured. That doesn’t leave too much room to come up with crazy theories at the moment! When I was student is did a project to see if the different ways that waitresses and waiters carry plates to tables had different effects on their bodies. The answer was yes, it did!